1. Will there be any physical key to open lock it?
a . lock it is keyless padlock. No physical keys are required to open the padlock.
2. Does lock it operate on Wi-Fi, NFC or Bluetooth?
a. lock it operates only over the Bluetooth 4.0. technology.
1. How secure is lock it?
a. lock it’s shackle is made up of hardened boron steel which makes it incredibly tough & durable.It uses cutting-edge Anti Shim Technology thereby securing it from unauthorized usage.
2. How secure is the data stored by lock it in cloud?
a. lock it uses end to end encryption which makes the communication highly secure. Moreover, every request goes over HTTPS protocol.
3. How secure is Bluetooth 4.0?
a. lock it uses Bluetooth 4.0 technology which provides high level security. Bluetooth 4.0 LE uses 128-bitEncryption algorithm to ensure transmissions are encrypted and secure. This is significantly stronger than older Bluetooth.
4. How secure is lock it bluetooth’s communication?
a. lock it uses Bluetooth 4.0 technology which provides high level security. Apart from this lock it itself uses AES 128 bit encryption which makes communication very secure.
1. What smartphones/tablets and operating systems are compatible with the lock it app?
a. lock it is compatible with all the android devices that supports Bluetooth 4.0 LE hardware and runs on Android 4.4 or newer.Following is the list of devices on which we have tested our lock it app:
- Google Nexus
- Samsung Galaxy
- Samsung Note
- LG G3
- One Plus 6
- One Plus 6T
- Mi Note 5 PRO
b. The list indicates only a few good examples as we have many phones and tablets available in the market that runs on android 4.4 or newer.
1. How much time is required for lock/unlock operations?
a. Every lock/unlock operation on lock it can be performed within 1-1.5 seconds of timespan.
1. What type of battery does the device lock it use?
a. lock it device uses a standard watch CR2032 battery that is easy to find at a retail store.
2. What is the battery life of the lock?
b. lock it battery ideally performs for almost one year with normal usage. It works for around 3000 clicks.
3. What if the battery drains out of lock it device?
a. In the event that your lock batteries die, we have included a jump start interface which takes CR2032 battery to unlock your lock it device. Please check out the video for more details.
4. How do I know the status of the battery?
a. Battery status will be displayed inside the lock it app next to the device. You will receive the warning once the battery is less than 20% charged.
5. How to replace the battery if the battery drains out?
a. Please check the video for replacing the battery.
1. Can I share permissions with other users too so that they can access my lock it device?
a. Yes, follow the steps in the lock it app for sending keys to other users.
2. How many locks can I add in lock it application?
a. You can add and operate as many locks as you would like from lock it app.
3. Can I disable the 1-Step Unlock feature?
a. Yes, you can easily disable this feature in the app by choosing 2-Step Unlock instead. This can be useful in situations where you want added security, or if you want to lock your phone in a locker and unlock your lock it using click technology.
4. What do the different colored lights mean?
a. lock it has a light on the front to indicate various activities.
- Off. Sleeping
- Blue. Normal Shackle Press
- White. Long Shackle Press
- Green flash. Unlock
- Multi-color flash. Updating lock with new settings or firmware
- Red flash. Lock
- Red fade to off. Entering sleep mode
1. What happens if I lose my phone?
a. Do not worry in case you lose your phone. You can manage your account from any other compatible mobile device. You can also regenerate the keys if you feel that lock it might be compromised. Apart from this, we have alternate solution to open the lock it device by quick click technology.
2. Should the phone screen be on for the lock it to function?
a. When the lock it app is open it will always run in the background.
b. The screen does not need to be turned on for the application to work as long as it is running in the background.
3. What happens if I receive a call while trying to operate the lock?
a. Receiving calls or talking on the phone will not interfere with the phones operation of the lock.
4. Is lock it application free?
a. Yes, lock it is available for free on play store.
5. Why doesn’t the LED light come on shackle press?
a. lock it battery might be dead and needs to be replaced.
6. What is the refund policy?
a. In case if there are any issues with the lock it device, we will replace it with the new device. Incase you are still not satisfied with the device, we will refund the complete amount to you.
7. Is the lock it device water/dust resistant or water/dust proof?
a. lock it device has IP66 standard rating which makes it water/dust resistant.
8. What is regenerate key feature?
a. You can regenerate the virtual key for the lock it device in case you feel that the lock it device that you shared with users are misusing the device. This feature is useful for unauthorized access to device.
9. Is it possible to upgrade the firmware of the lock it device?
a. Yes, we will provide the upgrade to firmware which can be updated via mobile device in case any updates are available.
1. What is the lock it device warranty?
a. One-year warranty is provided with each lock it device.
- Electronic warranty – 1 year
- Mechanical warranty – 1 year
- In case there are mechanical wear and tear, device will not be covered under mechanical